Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Death Anniversary

Today is the death anniversary of my father who was killed in a bomb accident at the Davao International Airport last 2003 (may his soul rest in peace). He was dead on the spot when bis body was brought to the Davao Medical Center (DMC), When I heard the news my bestfriend Cai and me hurriedly went to DMC and I saw my aunt and siblings outside... I thank God that they were safe, I'm praying that my PapaLolo, MamaLola, and my Mama Inday are safe too... They were at the Davao Doctors Hospital (Mama inday & Lola) and so we went there, it was then that I heard one of our relative said that Lolo's ----... and I don't want to believe her, I keep on praying and my mind's telling me 'NO! this can't be happening...' I call at home and ask our maid if he was there in the house but our maid said no, he wasn't... and a few minutes after that I hear him loud and clear shouting my name... 'Che!' and I quickly turned around my left side but I saw nothing, I asked my sister who's sitting beside me if she heard someone call my name, but she said she didn't... I know it was him, I recognize his voice, but I can't see him... I really don't know what to do and what I was feeling at that moment... then I knew what happened to him yet I still don't want to accept the fact... Was absent for days at school... I was thankful for our family friends and my bestfriends (Cai & Rhon) who were there to support and keep me and my family company during those days... I won't forget you for that, 'Thank You!'


Five years had passed and still the memory of the event still linger in my mind... I wish that the one's who were responsible for that incident would pay...


I miss you PapaLolo... I wasn't able to visit his grave since All Souls Day and before I leave Davao, butI know wherever he is right now he'll understand and my prayers will always be there for him...


The News

1 Reactions:

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I'm reading something like this and you have touched me.... I admire your strength...

You should be proud of yourself... Your really strong... I dont think I could have been like this.

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...