Sunday, April 20, 2008

Stranded...


I've heard that The Macau Meteorological and Geophysical Bureau (SMG) issued a tropical cyclone warning for typhoon 'Neoguri'.The warning forecasted strong winds and rain with a signal no. 8! It's my first time to experience this..

It's been raining for the whole day yesterday and I was about to go out but the strong wind and rain stopped me from going... I think it's not safe outside, I could see how the wind blew off the trees near our flat and there's only a few people on the streets. So I decided to stay on our flat and watch movies instead... :)

I grab some chips and drinks and started watching DISTURBIA...a very nice film... :)


After his father was killed in a car accident, things unravel for Kale Brecht and he is placed under house-arrest for punching his Spanish teacher. Having nothing better to do, Kale occupies himself by spying on his neighbors. But one night, he witnesses what appears to be a murder going on in Mr. Turner's house. Kale becomes obsessed with uncovering the truth behind these murders but, after a few unsettling run-ins with Mr. Turner, it becomes a matter of life and death. And the ominous question: Who is watching who?


The movie shows the routined life of Lester Burnham(Kevin Spacey) father of Jane Burnham(Thora Birch) and how simple things in life can change a persons way o living and thinking. Simultaneously shows the life of Jane Burnham(Thora Birch) a teenager discovering love. It is movie of a man "snapping" out of his life-routine, discovering how wonderful life is.

After Watching American Beauty I've fallen asleep and I woke up at around 8 p.m. When I looked at the window, the rain already stopped yet the wind's still strong... Felt hungry and I'm too lazy to cook so I went outside but some of the restaurants were already closed. As I walk I noticed some twigs on the streets, leaves, plastics, papers, caps, etc., I saw a broken signage fell off in pieces, the wind must've blew it off... I continued to walk and went to Park & Shop and I'm glad they're still open. Bought a meal box then I headed home. When I arrive I started eating while listening to my mp3, used chopsticks again hehehe... I've been practicing using those too... was so full and I started to watch another movie....

The architect Michael Newman has a typical middle-class family with his lovely and gorgeous wife Donna and their son Ben and daughter Samantha, and a constant visit of his parents. However, Michael is workaholic and under stress, trying to satisfy his boss with overwork and get a partnership in his company, giving priority to his work and neglecting the family issues. When the tired Michael goes to a department store to buy an universal remote control, he rests on a bed and he meets the weird salesman Morty that offers him a remote control capable of controlling his own universe. Michael uses too much and loses the control of the device, having his own life controlled by the remote control. Then Michael sees the worthwhile parts of his personal life he missed while working, and in the end of his life he lately concludes that the family comes first.
How far would an ordinary father go to spend more time with his children? Daniel Hillard is no ordinary father, so when he learns his ex-wife needs a housekeeper, he applies for the job. With the perfect wig, a little makeup and a dress for all occasions, he becomes Mrs. Doubtfire, a devoted British nanny who is hired on the spot. Free to be the "woman" he never knew he could be, the disguised Daniel creates a whole new life with his entire family.
"Live life to the fullest"

0 Reactions:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...