Monday, July 14, 2008

Earthquake hits Davao City


I woke up this morning at around 11... I thought that someone's in my bed because it's shaking *lol* then I thought: 'Hala! Linog ! (Hala! Earthquake!)'. Well, it was gone in seconds, Thank God! and I'm glad there were no aftershocks... When the news was aired on television, according to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology the quake here in Davao City was intensity 2. Well, the quake was just mild and I thought it was just intensity 1. hehehe... mali akoang assumptions... Anyways, The earthquake occured 44 kilometers east of Tagum City, Davao del Norte with a depth of 55 km and with an intensity of 4, while in Compostela Valley it was an intensity 3. There were no casualties reported, Thank you Lord... hhhmmm... I hope that what happened earlier was in no connection with the rumored 8.1 magnitude earthquake that they say (?) would happen on July 18 here in the Philippines. Let's just hope and pray it wouldn't come...

"Live life to the fullest"

3 Reactions:

Anonymous said...

thanks for stopping by and the comment...

Anonymous said...

intensity 2? ooohhh... that's probably the reason why my sleeping ass did not feel a thing. hehe ^_^

MeiYah said...

@genny: no probs... :0

@lazy goy: yeah intensity 2 hahaha, i thot intensity 1 nga lang yun... perti diay nimong hagok pa atong mga panahona... :)

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...